In March, we were delighted to host Lendscape Live 2022 – our face-to-face conference focused on knowledge sharing and exploring ideas for improving SME working capital financing.
Under the theme 'Shaping the Future Funding Experience', attendees heard from experts and learned about new ways to drive operational efficiency, customer engagement, and the transition to a greener future.
The day started with Steve Box (conference moderator) setting the scene before introducing Kevin Day, CEO at Lendscape, who opened the event. Here’s a quick summary of the sessions, presentations, and keynotes on the day:
- Economist Prof Trevor Williams investigated the key trends shaping the financial markets - including the significance of climate change and the COP26 agreements, and crypto-currency,
- Paul Bower and Jeff Longhurst reflected on recent research undertaken by Lendscape and GrowCap, focusing on the role technology is playing and how it will shape the industry in the future,
- Steve Taplin and Xavier Lang-Claes shared exclusive insights into the Lendscape product vision and roadmap,
- Jacco de Jong, Özlem Özüner, Patrik Martinsson, and Paul Bower debated what makes an effective partnership and the risks providers need to consider,
- Andy Dodd made a case for why the industry needs to focus on data-driven customer experiences and what business leaders should consider next,
- Dr Hutan Ashrafian explored how data-driven tech is transforming health and the lessons all business leaders can learn,
- Daouii Abouchere discussed what Sustainability means for factoring and receivables finance and whether the industry is ready to transition to a greener future,
- Susan Toon, Daouii Abouchere, Jonathan Croft, and Darryl Lewis discussed what’s involved in defining and working towards Sustainability, including ESG integration, the reality of Greenwashing and approaches to Sustainability monitoring and reporting,
- Jonathan Croft explored the challenges and opportunities of managing large volume deals, illustrated with a few practical examples,
- Finally, Richard Olver investigated the application of Design Thinking to comprehend changing customer expectations, identify behavioural attributes of different groups and support journey mapping,
Following the event, attendees would come together for networking at the post-event reception. To those in attendance, thank you for joining us for this special event.
View the pictures from Lendscape Live 2022 below.
Article written by: